Herefordshire Vocational Training
Brief Introduction / Background
AIM Preparation for working life.
Create, promote and maintain the desire to learn. Students are given the chance to experience various
skills which in turn allows them to plan with a little more confidence future education and training
What we offer
LEARNING ACTIVITIES / SKILLS
- Tractor driving. Machinery maintenance, hand tools. MMA welding.
- Care of farm animals. Canine care. Horsecare.
- Safe road skills (prep for driving theory test)
- Introduction to Hair and beauty.
- Introduction to catering.
- Soft skills which include working with others, communication in the workplace and disputes in
the workplace. Health and safety.
- Introduction to the armed forces.
- Care for the environment.
- Btec safe road skills.
ACCREDITATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Pre Sixteen year olds :
- UK RURAL SKILLS certification in: Health and safety. Care for the environment. Canine care. Care
of farm animals. Horse care. Tractor driving. Hair and beauty.
- Post Sixteen:
LANTRA (land training) Brush cutter. Hedge trimmer. Chainsaw. Forklift. Telescopic handler.
Builders dump truck.
- Tractor driving road test.
Who we are (our staff / team)
Staffed by trainers who have experienced life through the Armed forces. Police service. Prison
service. Agriculture. Care work and the foster care service.
Where we are located
The birthplace of tourism, Ross on Wye.